THE COMMON MISTAKES I DID BEFORE EXAMS WHICH AFFECTED MY RESULTS

MISTAKES PRIOR TO EXAMS YOU SHOULD AVOID Mistakes To Avoid Before Exams
You might have surely given various and a number of exams in your childhood when you were in a school or entrance examinations or placement examinations in collges?

Well don't you ever thought that your childhood and adulthood is surrounded by exams only. Like see, when you was in school, then you need to give final year exams, when you need to enter a better college or for placements for jobs, you need to give various entrance or competitive exams.

The same way I have also given various exams and committed various mistakes which are quite common and could be committed by you too.

So in today's article we will be discussing the common mistakes which I commit just prior to exams that you should avoid.

But before moving ahead, I would highly recommend you to go and checkout our previous article where we talked about the best resolutions you need to take for the year 2023 for a successful life.
Now before moving forward to discuss these common mistakes, let us first talk about what actually these mistakes can do to us in long run.
Introduction
As we have discussed above, our starting and middle phase of life consists of various forms of exams which cover different field of our learning.

We need to give exams for everything we studied and learnt, whether its the chapters in schools, degree or a skill in college or just a course you did for a job.

So as exams are very essentail and important component of our life then why should us follow these common mistakes which could ruin our exam results as well as our future potential or our dream job.

Following these mistakes would surely affect your exam result as you can't study and prepare for your exams properly and efficiently.

So let us discuss what these common mistakes are and how to get rid of them or simply the solution for these problems.
Procrastinating Whole Day
Procrastinating Whole Day Now the first common mistake which I did during my preparation leaves of exams is that I just procrastinate the whole day by just pushing backward the timing of studies I planned for.

See this is a very common mistake which most of you commit and especially during exam times only. This habit if turned into a permanent routine would surely affect your overall exam result.

What actually happens in this mistake is that you plan to study in the very morning. But by getting distracted by things such as phones & social media, you just start spending time enjoying there and just passes on the work or study you actually planned to do.

This way, when you realizes that you wasted your time, its too late to really complete your syllabus. This results into rush and you can't actually learn or understand anything which creates confusion in your mind.

Now to fic this problem, all you need to do is just make studying your first and foremost priority for the day and just fully focus on it. Keep all possible distractions such as smart phones or laptops away from your room and also tell your parents not to disturb in between.

After completing all your studies and your syllabus, not its the time that you can use your smart phones for social media or any other entertainment without any burden of left syllabus. This way you could complete your syllabus and enjoy other entertainment services too.
Focusing Only On Oral Learning
Focusing Only On Oral Learning Now the next mistake that I committed during my exam time was that I just learnt the things orally or just read it for undertstanding.

Here the mistake I actually did was that I didn't practiced to write the answers for my exams. This seems to be useless but isn't at all. Even I also believed that this practice of writing the answers is just waste of time.

But here what actually happens when you don't practice writing is that during exams, you don't have the idea about how much time it would take for you to write the answer. As you aren't having the habit or practice of writing that answer, so it would take a lot of time in writing all the answers.

This would ultimately lead to the condition when time gets over and your exam paper gets left. You might think that your writing is very fast but when you don't have the idea to start that answer, then it takes a lot of time to write proper answer.

Now writing proper answer for all these questions would take quite much time which would result in your paper left unsolved. This is what happened with me in my all the papers. Now the question I left and the questions I answered incorrect combines to deduct a lot of marks.

So while you are preparing for your exam, don't just learn or understand them orally but do write answers of some important questions too which would help you in increasing your writing efficiency and the proper way of writng that answer.
Going Through Only Limited Syllabus
Solve Other Questions Too To Become A Topper Now the third mistake which I committed was that I focused and learnt only from the syllabus I was taught in my schools or colleges.

The thing is we usually are taught something very less in the schools or colleges but when our exam question paper arrives, the situation over there is quite different.

The concepts and the questions you learn and solve in schools are of a very low and basic level while the questions coming in our exams are of a standard level which makes all the differences.

You prepare for your exams according to the level you are taught in your schools. Because of this, you can't solve the hard and tricky questions in your exam paper and then gets a average result.

So here all you need to do is learn and study from things other than your school textbooks. Try to solve extra questions which are hard and tricky. Do solve the sample paper provided by your school or anywhere online.

These small things for preparation would help you out a lot to prepare very good for your exams and you could easily solve all the answers in order to score good marks.
Learning Before Exams
Learning Before Exams Now the last mistake I did during my exams was that I use to study just before the exams. This looks okay to be done but actually creates more confusion.

I thought that going through all the concepts or notes of my chapters would help me out to revise everything. But learning things just before the exams puts a lot of thing in your mind very rushly and even without a better understanding that you can't actually benefit from it.

It just can't go in your mind and puts a lot of bulk too. Even you would get confused with the things you learnt earlier and couldn't actually write the correct or proper answer.

Now the best thing you can do in this case is that don't study 1-2 hours before your exams. Don't even revise it in your mind or think about it during this time.

Usually you can simply talk with your friends or when I was a child I use to listen to my favorite songs before going for the exam. This keeps my mood good and stressfree and even my exams goes well. Try this out and this method is quite effective.
Conclusion
These were all the common mistakes which I committed when I used to give exams. These adversely affected my overall exam result.

As these are very common that you might be surely doing one of these mentioned mistakes. So try to avoid these by following the solution I have shared.

So that was all for the article and I hoped that you really found this helpful. Thanks for Reading!